Friday 6 April 2012

DAY 78: ART

A bigger Picture

Today I went to see David Hockney´s exhibition at the Royal Academy of Arts.

His paintings are so bright and vibrant!

Every landscape makes you feel you´re inside of it. He painted some of the landscapes from memory and some from observation. I was amazed by the Ipad drawings and the films (9 different cameras focusing on different parts of a road filming at the same time).
The photocollages were nice also.

In the tunnels, he painted the same trees in different seasons, and I love to see the Autumm because I could feel the afternoon sun warming my skin just by seeing the painting. The same happened in Hawthorn Blossom, I could feel the perfume of the bloosoming flowers.

I had to see the exhibition twice because I really enjoyed it!



TATE Britain

If you want to see a beatiful museum without the excess of tourists, you should visit The TATE Britain.  I walked Pimlico streets and arrived to the museum.
It was so quiet and calm.

I really like Ophelia (by Millais), I can feel the cold water by staring at it. Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose (by John Singer Sargent) is so cheery, and those are my favorite paintings there.



No comments:

Post a Comment