Friday 6 April 2012

DAY 78: Spring day in Chelsea

What-a-nice-day!!!

Today it was so sunny!!!
And I decided to take a walk around Chelsea. It´s a lovely neighbourhood, full of perfect people and shops. A little posh for me, but it´s beatiful.

I started in Sloane Square, seeing some shops and walking the clean streets with white houses and private gardens.
Kate Spade shop has so beatiful things!, but I can´t afford almost anything!

Then I took King´s Road and reached the Saatchi Gallery. Well, that´s a great space of art, and it´s free! The building is so wide, and the art is modern, with nice sculptures and installations. The shop has some original stuff.
In Duke of York´s square there was a food market, I bought a lime-coconut cupcake and sat under the sun to eat it and see people pass by.
After this break, I walked all King´s Rd, and then went to Thames. You know I love this river, and Chelsea bridges are so elegant, like Albert bridge, it´s so fancy (like Chelsea).

I saw the Justice walk and its nice houses, and then croosed the river to the Battersea Park. It´s so wonderful the Spring!, I really enjoyed this park. There´s a Pagoda by the river, and a lake, and some vintage structures from the Festival of Britain in the 50´s. I looked for Henri moore´s sulpture like half an hour, but it´s by the lake if you want to find it.
The Battersea Power Station is really near this park, and it looks like it´s watching over the people in the park.
The views by the Thames are great.

I crossed again and walked by the river, the Physics Garden already closed, so I continued till the Battersea Power Station, I thought maybe, when I come back to London, it will be different.
Then I went back to Sloane Sq. and took the Underground.

Sloane Sq. Station







Lime and coconut cupcake


Anthropologie





Albert Bridge



Battersea Park


Henri Moore



Battersea Power Station

No comments:

Post a Comment