Sunday 4 March 2012

The British Museum

Last time I was in London, I visited the British museum.
But, visiting Fitzrovia without entering the museum feel incomplete, so, I went in.

It´s overwhelming to see the Parthenon´s sculptures and the Roseta stone. These things that were our civilization base and that I used to see their pictures in my school books.

Special mention to the Egyptian mommies. I think it´s a little sad to be buried thinking that would be your final place, and then, be displayed in a museum for everybody to see your mommy.
I didn´t know about the sacred bulls and their mommies, and the beatiful stone eyes they place on them.

I know I may be a little crazy about museums, but they just remind me when I was a child, that´s why I love them.




Roseta stone



Parthenon´s sculptures





Have an icecream when you leave the museum...

No comments:

Post a Comment