Thursday 22 March 2012

Victoria and Albert Museum and Queen Elizabeth II by Cecil Beaton

Queen Elizabeth II by Cecil Beaton

I went to see Cecil Beaton´s exhibition celebrating the Queen´s Diamond Jubilee. Beatiful portraits of the Queen and her family. I liked that vintage atmosphere, the dresses where fabulous, the flowers in the pictures set by Mr. Beaton himself, and the light is so dramatic in some pictures.
You can see the Coronation Ceremony photographs also.
My favorites, the one when the Queen is 16 years old, with her mother and sister, specially one in wich they appear with normal dresses, right after the War finished.



Victoria and Albert Museum


I think this is my favorite museum here in London. A lot of sculptures, some by Rodin. A beatiful garden. Fantastics galleries of Indian and Oriental Arts and ceramics. A whole room full of tapestries from the 1500. A lot of silverware (I love the Art Deco silverware). It´s great!
And I love the people that visit this museum, I don´t know, it´s special and peculiar. Really stylish people wondering through the rooms, some of them painting, it´s like they´re part of this magical place.

The museum shops has great things.






1 comment:

  1. Hi Mer!!!! Raisa told me today that you´re in london!! You have to tell me about your staying and the hospital, i´m considering to be a bloodbanker in my 2 free months next year!! I´ll look for you in raisa´s facebook.
    Thanks and enjoy a lot!!! :)

    ReplyDelete