Monday 30 January 2012

DAY 22: THE PUBLIC TRANSPORT FIASCO



I´ve planned to go to Dorothy Perkin sto buy some shoes, and the then to the supermarket.

I left the Hospital around 6. The day was more than cold, and I was wearing my ballet pumps. I bought a caramel machiato to warm myself a little at Starbucks and I started waiting for the 24 bus.
Ten minutes, 15 minutes. Everything was fine, I was a little warmer because of the coffee, but it was getting late (shops close at 8!).

Half an hour!!!, it was outrageous!
I mean, you expect this sore of things happening in 3º world countries, no in Europe. And specially not in England!, what happened with the "English time" expression?

After all a bus had arrived, but instead of leaving inmediately, the driver stopped there for 10 minutes!
I was frozen by that time, and my feet in the glamourous pumps were hurting because of the ice the had become. I was bitter and frozen, and tired, and angry.

When the bus finally was leaving, the driver set the destination sign to Mornington Crescent!
I was even more angry then!, I needed to get to Toteham Court Road!

I was really mad, then I decided to leave Dorothy Perkins for another day, and go to the supermarket in Candem instead. But I was so mad at 24 bus, than I wanted to take the 168.
When 168 bus appeared, and a lady tried to get into the bus, the driver shouted at her, that it had been an accident (I couldn´t hear where) and closed the door in her face!, being so rude!

By that time (around 7 o´clock) I couldn´t almost walk due to my feet being frozen. I went to M&S, and bought somo comfort food to erase the cold out of my body (Italian ravioli, I needed some carbs).





And the moment I got home I had to put on my Ugg boots to warm my feet. 

I expected something different for London Public Transport. Not the same behaviour as Argentinian Public Transport!. Instead I was really mad and very dissapointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment